We are happy to receive enquiries from groups of writers and actors interested in developing their skills through playwrights’ workshops.
Thanks for joining me!
The Writers and Directors Workshop (WDW) was established by the playwright Caroline Summerfield in September 2017, to respond to the need for an organisation on the borders of North Gloucestershire/West Midlands where professional playwrights, actors, directors and producers could meet to showcase and workshop their work, facilitate job opportunities and provide professional development. We welcome approaches from professional practitioners provided a CV and or agent’s details are provided.
Natura Contemporary Theatre (NC) grew out of WDW. In recognition of our theatre work NC was awarded Arts Council Lottery Funding in 2019 and 2020. See website link.
WDW’s Mission is to:
- Facilitate professionalism in crafting new plays for the stage, radio, TV or film by professional writers resident in North Gloucestershire/West Midlands by providing showcased workshops delivered by professional actors and directors;
- Facilitate the formation of links between professional practitioners (writers, actors, directors and producers) living in North Gloucestershire/West Midlands;
- Provide continuing professional development through workshops and master-classes for practitioners;
- To explore new ways of creating and portraying plays through drawing upon the skills of WDW members. We have a particular interest in incorporating modern technology and film in stage productions;
- To provide opportunities for semi-professional actors and musicians to work with professional playwrights, actors and directors; and
- To facilitate the production of high quality contemporary theatre in town and country locations – for more information see our link above to Natura Contemporary Theatre.
Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton